Saturday, May 21, 2011

Japan: Time to say goodbye.

Oh man I can’t believe it’s already time for my boy Tim to go home.  It seems like he just got here yesterday.  It’s sad seeing good friends go but that’s life I guess.  But before Tim hits the dusty road, we all visited this huge man-made island in Tokyo bay called Odaiba.  It was originally several small forts built for defensive purposes.  These small fort islands would later be joined to create Odaiba.  Odaiba was O.K.  I wouldn’t say it was one of my favorite places in Tokyo but it was worth making the journey to see the place.  It’s primarily a place to shop, eat, and relax.  We spent the day like a bunch of high school kids bumming around from mall to mall and not really buying anything.  I did however, like visiting MegaWeb which is Toyota’s giant exhibition hall.  We got to play around with some simulator’s that let us test out Toyota’s new suspension/traction system or something like that.  It was pretty fun to watching Chantra crash and burn though.  Man that woman cannot drive!  ;) We also visited another themed museum, the Takoyaki (octopus balls) museum.  That was interesting and I got to admit, the takoyaki was pretty darn good.  Anyways, it was a real pleasure having Tim join us here in Japan, no matter how short the visit was.  You reminded us of home Tim, and we had some good laughs.  Safe journey my friend.  I’ll see ya when I see ya.  Well that's it for Tokyo.  Bye.
At Air Canada trying to fix Tim's plane ticket.

Yes Chantra, we get it.  You're an American.  ;)



Takoyaki.







Right before she crashed.


Takoyaki Stand.

Entrance to the Takoyaki museum.
Chantra in front of the Fuji TV building.

Condomania.  Condom specialty store.

Rainbow bridge.  It lights up a night time.


Interesting condoms.  Japanese people are freaky man.

Inside of Toyota's new hybrid engine.

Tim driving up a storm.

Tokyo Bay Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment