Friday, March 25, 2011

We're finally here. Nepal!

I can’t believe I’m finally heading to Nepal.  This is a country that's haunted my dreams for years.  It all started when my friend Karlo showed me pictures and told me stories about his adventures in this landlocked Himalayan country.  Stories of snow encrusted mountains that reached for the heavens.  Ever since then images of a snowy shangrila have danced in my head. 

A few years ago, me and two of my best friends tried to make a trip happen but life got in the way (i.e. nursing school, babies, marriage, you know the usual).  But now, I'm finally going to Nepal, and I'm going with the best travel companion possible, my wife.  As I first glimpse of these amazing mountains from the plane, my mind races with thoughts of all the possible adventures me and the wife might have while travelling through this rough and tumble landscape... Touch down we’re finally here.

No comments:

Post a Comment