Friday, March 25, 2011

Blisters, chafing, and sore feet

Day 4 Bahundanda to Chamche
Elevation Change:  247 ft.
Elevation of Chamche:  4544 ft.
Distance:  8 miles
Time:  6 hrs.














Blisters, chafing, and sore feet.  That’s what day 4 brings.  Man these hikes are hard and they seem to never end.  Although today did seem a bit easier than yesterday.  Unfortunately the ease of the hike still produced two huge blisters on my foot, heel and sole to be exact.  Oh well, nothing to do but tape it up and continue hiking.  I mean what am I supposed to do?  Turn around?  Not an option.  On a brighter note, the views are incredible.  We’re still pretty low in terms of elevation but the landscape is beautiful.  Deep mountain valleys framed by, for lack of a better word, HUGE snowcapped peaks.  It is impossible to describe the sheer size of these mountains.  Their majesty and grandeur defy definition.  I hate the hike but every so often when I get a chance to rest and look around, I’m reminded of why I’m here.  The mountains leave me not only breathless but speechless as well.  This country is truly stunning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment