Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Home sweet home.


We’re finally back.  I can’t believe it.  It’s been an amazing journey.  5 months of constant travel and perpetual motion.  We flew in planes, rode high speed trains, biked in the country side, shared buses with livestock, and took rickety boats down beautiful emerald green rivers… and of course we hiked across some of the most pristine mountains my eyes have ever beheld.  From beautiful hotel rooms complete with all the amenities one might need to tiny wooden guest houses that didn’t guarantee us a constant supply of running water or electricity, together, the two of us, husband and wife, we experienced this whirlwind of an adventure. 

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you have been following this blog.  Thank you for letting us share our experiences with you.  I know there were a lot of entries and way too many pictures but I hope that some of it was at least entertaining.  I hope you enjoyed our ramblings and laughed at our misadventures.  But now it’s time to say good bye because this amazing, breathtaking, awe inspiring, and at times frustrating journey through a myriad of different cultures and religions has come to an end.  I can’t believe it.  I’m tired, I’m beat, and I welcome the familiarity and warmth of home and hearth… but at the same time… I’m a little sad that it’s over, and that we didn’t get to do more, to see, to experience more.  I thought that a trip like this would satiate my desire to experience all the different flavors, all the different cultures and philosophies of the world, and yet I am not sated.  The desire still lingers.  So perhaps it’s not time to say goodbye but rather to say until next time… 

No comments:

Post a Comment